Norwood JunkAction is pleased to offer a social media internship opportunity to a student or a recent graduate to help us shape the future of our project by designing and enhancing our online presence.
Working closely with our team, you will play a critical role in supporting the strategic development of the entire project. You will manage your own time and bring your own personality, experience and ideas on board. You will live in the Croydon Borough and have a genuine interest in the vision and values of Norwood JunkAction.
The role will involve working directly on the project as well as researching content in relation to our activities and interests. You will connect the project to audiences who share our mission about the environment and bringing visibility to marginalised communities.
If you have passion for helping to improve the way we engage with our communities and the environment in creative ways then this internship might be for you.
This is truly a unique opportunity to get under the skin of a motivated and forward-thinking project and develop new areas of interest to enrich your own career pathway. The internship is unpaid and is offered on a part-time basis for a duration of 3 to 6 months.
The role might lead to a future paid position for the right candidate.
Your main responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Development and coordination of the social media content plan in coordination with the Norwood JunkAction's team
- Creating insightful content to reach wider audiences
- Managing social media channels, scheduling posts and monitoring responses and feedback
- Managing Norwood JunkAction's website and uploading of content incl. blogs, videos etc.
Personal specifications, skills and knowledge:
- You will have a grasp of humanitarian issues, particularly those about unrepresented members of our community in South Norwood, as well as interest in environmental issues and art
- Understanding of social media management best-practice strategy, processes, and tools
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Passion for photography and image making
- Familiar with Wicks and Adobe Premier
- Self-starter, taking initiative and responsibility
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident and articulate
- English speaker (native or non-native)
Send your application to:
Dead line for application 5th October
Interview 10th October
About Norwood JunkAction
Norwood JunkAction is a new eco-community art project that turns litter collected in South Norwood into artwork to be exhibited at a street festival in 2023 as part of the Croydon Borough of Culture. This project is created in collaboration with the local volunteer group litter picking through a series of workshops and studio-based practice.
Norwood JunkAction aims to reach and benefit the diverse population of South Norwood through a vibrant artistic process that will inspire a sense of collective responsibility, pride and hope in our community.
Find out more about Norwood JunkAction at https://www.norwoodjunkaction.co.uk/